This complete unit plan is aligned with the 2020 Ontario Math Curriculum. It includes activities, practice worksheets, a cross-curricular project and interactive flip books to help students organize notes and practice key concepts!
About This Product:
- Worksheets and Answer Keys INCLUDED!
- Can be used for a split or combined class or for a straight class - great to have material a grade above and below for differentiation!
- Flip book with definitions and examples to help students organize and practice concepts like mixed numbers and improper fractions! A great study guide too!
- Grade-specific worksheets - labelled for each grade for convenience
- Practice with equivalent fractions, rates and ratios; mixed numbers and improper fractions; word problems; representing fractions in pictures; quizzes and a project!
- Quizzes and Test Reviews included
- Also includes the "My Healthy Plate" cross-curricular project and rubric! (Math & Healthy Eating)
- Clip Art from LittleRed on TpT; Fonts from KG Fonts and APL on TPT
Math Unit - Worksheets - Math Worksheets - Printable - Math Booklet - No Prep - Key Terms - Answer Key - Test Review - Math Supplemental Work - Extra Math Practice - Split Class - Fractions - Ratios - Percentages
Ontario Math Expectations covered in this product:
B1.3 represent equivalent fractions from halves to twelfths, including improper fractions and mixed numbers, using appropriate tools, in various contexts
B1.4 use equivalent fractions to simplify fractions, when appropriate, in various contexts
B2.5 add and subtract fractions with like denominators, in various contexts
B2.5 add and subtract fractions with like and unlike denominators, using appropriate tools, in various contexts
B2.8 multiply and divide one-digit whole numbers by unit fractions, using appropriate tools and drawings
B2.9 multiply whole numbers by proper fractions, using appropriate tools and strategies
B2.10 divide whole numbers by proper fractions, using appropriate tools and strategies
B2.9 represent and create equivalent ratios and rates, using a variety of tools and models, in various contexts
B2.12 solve problems involving ratios, including percents and rates, using appropriate tools and strategies
Additional expectations for strand B are included in the Number Sense units.
Similar Resources You May Be Interested In:
Grade 5 & 6 Math - Barbecue on a Budget Financial Literacy Project
Grade 5 & 6 Math - Vacation on a Budget Financial Literacy Project
Grade 5 & 6 Math and Health - My Healthy Plate Assignment
Junior / Middle School Math - Stop Motion Coding Assignment
Grade 5 Math - Infographic Assignment
Grade 5 & 6 Math - Measurement Unit Plans
Grade 5 & 6 Math - Financial Literacy Unit Plans
Grade 5 & 6 Math - Fractions, Rates and Ratios Unit Plans
Grade 6 Math - Operations Unit Bundle
Grade 5 Math - Operations Unit Bundle
Grade 5 & 6 Math - Data & Probability Printable Unit Plans
What are the benefits of using Smarty Pants Studies’ educational resources?
All Smarty Pants Studies’ resources have been used in the classroom and crafted using Ontario curriculum expectations with increasing student engagement and understanding in mind. Smarty Pants Studies’ resources are little to no-prep and many are cross-curricular, print and/or digital, allow for student choice and foster creativity.
Before you leave a review, a friendly reminder that I am a hardworking teacher and small business owner; I appreciate all reviews and feedback (positive or constructive), but please ensure you have used the product and your rating is reasonable and justified before submitting.
· Do not give this product away to others. If you wish to purchase multiple copies to share, you will receive a discount for any additional licenses you purchase.
· Do not claim this work as your own.
· Do not cover or delete the Smarty Pants Studies footer or logo.
· If you have any other questions about acceptable use of Smarty Pants Studies products, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Smarty Pants Studies! Follow along on Teachers Pay Teachers and @smartypantsstudies on Instagram to stay in the loop on new product launches!