Muffin Mix-Ins for Quick & Freezer Friendly Snacks!
One of my favourite, quick and freezer-friendly snacks is an oatmeal muffin! But I'm sure you gathered by now that I like to put my own spin on things, so here are some of my favourite oatmeal muffin mix-ins!
1) The Ultimate Classic: Chocolate chips!!! Need I say more?
2) The Triple Threat: Chocolate chips, toasted walnuts and two smashed bananas
3) The Breakfast Blend: Cinnamon and raisins
4) Better For Your Belly Blend: Flax and/or chia seeds
5) The Chocoholic: Nutella! I recommend adding this to the wet ingredients first, and then stir it in to the dry ingredients. If you REALLY love chocolate as much as I do, you might also consider adding chocolate chips!
6) The Cupcake Muffin: If you decide to try the carrot cake muffin mix, I love to add raisins and coconut flakes to it! Super delicious with a cream cheese frosting too!
These muffins are a quick and easy snack to take on summer adventures, or for back-to-school (just omit any nuts from the recipes!). Click any of the images to be directed to Smarty Pants Studies on Instagram for more details!
Note: Keep in mind that if you add more dry ingredients, you may need to add a little more water or milk (depending on what you choose to add) to your batter.