What is YOUR favourite holiday beverage?
In this task, students will explore how the media influence consumers' choices and the affect of colour and design on sales. Students will also have the opportunity to incorporate the elements of design and knowledge of colour when creating their own 3D model of a holiday cup! This assignment also challenges students to create their own holiday beverage recipe!
This project was created for grades 5 & 6, but can be used in grades 4-8. Generic rubric included!
About This Product:
- PDF printable and Google Slides presentation included!
- Rubric included
- Brainstorming space, rough copy space and good copy response pages included
- Incorporates health, media and art
- Step-by-step instructions
- Clip Art from Smarty Pants Studies and Chirps Graphics; Fonts from PB Fonts and KG Fonts
Expectations covered in this product:
- Student applies their knowledge of media influence on eating habits and food choices by incorporating flavours and colours that will entice buyers.
- Student incorporates elements of design into their cup design.
- Student creates a 3D model.
- Student creates a holiday cup design and recipe with the purpose of the design in mind e.g., holiday theme.
holiday - art - starbucks cup - coffee cup - design - media influence
Similar Resources You May Be Interested In:
Grade 4 Math - Number Sense Unit Plans
Grade 4 & 5 Math - Number Sense Unit Bundle
Grade 5 Math - Number Sense Unit Plans
Grade 6 Math - Number Sense Unit Plans
Grade 5 & 6 Math - Number Sense Unit Bundle
Grade 5 Math - Number Sense Cross-Curricular Infographic Project
Grade 5 & 6 Math - Barbecue on a Budget Financial Literacy Project
Grade 5 & 6 Math - Vacation on a Budget Financial Literacy Project
Grade 5 & 6 Math and Health - My Healthy Plate Assignment
Junior / Middle School Math - Stop Motion Coding Assignment
Grade 5 Math - Infographic Assignment
Grade 5 & 6 Math - Measurement Unit Plans
Grade 5 & 6 Math - Financial Literacy Unit Plans
Grade 5 & 6 Math - Fractions, Rates and Ratios Unit Plans
Grade 5 & 6 Math - Data & Probability Printable Unit Plans
What are the benefits of using Smarty Pants Studies’ educational resources?
All Smarty Pants Studies’ resources have been used in the classroom and crafted using Ontario curriculum expectations with increasing student engagement and understanding in mind. Smarty Pants Studies’ resources are little to no-prep and many are cross-curricular, print and/or digital, allow for student choice and foster creativity.
Before you leave a review, a friendly reminder that I am a hardworking teacher and small business owner; I appreciate all reviews and feedback (positive or constructive), but please ensure you have used the product and your rating is reasonable and justified before submitting.
· Do not give this product away to others. If you wish to purchase multiple copies to share, you will receive a discount for any additional licenses you purchase.
· Do not claim this work as your own.
· Do not cover or delete the Smarty Pants Studies footer or logo.
· If you have any other questions about acceptable use of Smarty Pants Studies products, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Smarty Pants Studies! Follow along on Teachers Pay Teachers and @smartypantsstudies on Instagram to stay in the loop on new product launches!