In this assignment, students will create a meal for a person with a specific lifestyle or dietary requirement. In doing so, they will demonstrate their ability to make healthy choices and explain how food affects the body. Students will also practice creating fractions and percentages based on parts of the plate as well!
This activity is not grade-specific but is probably best suited for grades 4-6.
About This Product:
- PDF Format
- Product includes practice with:
- making healthy choices and preparing healthy meals
- understanding the health benefits of certain foods
- assembling meals for three different scenarios: allergies, busy schedule, smaller budget
- Clip Art from LittleRed on TpT; Fonts from KG Fonts and APL on TPT
math - health - middle school - healthy food choices - rubrics - grade 5 - grade 6
Similar Resources You May Be Interested In:
Grade 5 & 6 Math - Barbecue on a Budget Financial Literacy Project
Grade 5 & 6 Math - Vacation on a Budget Financial Literacy Project
Junior Math - Stop-Motion Coding Assignment
Grade 5 Math - Infographic Assignment
Grade 6 Math - Infographic Assignment
Grade 5 & 6 Math - Measurement Unit Plans
Grade 5 & 6 Math - Financial Literacy Unit Plans
Grade 5 & 6 Math - Fractions, Rates and Ratios Unit Plans
Grade 6 Math - Operations Unit Bundle
Grade 5 Math - Operations Unit Bundle
Grade 5 & 6 Math - Data & Probability Printable Unit Plans
What are the benefits of using Smarty Pants Studies’ educational resources?
All Smarty Pants Studies’ resources have been used in the classroom and crafted using Ontario curriculum expectations with increasing student engagement and understanding in mind. Smarty Pants Studies’ resources are little to no-prep and many are cross-curricular, print and/or digital, allow for student choice and foster creativity.
Before you leave a review, a friendly reminder that I am a hardworking teacher and small business owner; I appreciate all reviews and feedback (positive or constructive), but please ensure you have used the product and your rating is reasonable and justified before submitting.
· Do not give this product away to others. If you wish to purchase multiple copies to share, you will receive a discount for any additional licenses you purchase.
· Do not claim this work as your own.
· Do not cover or delete the Smarty Pants Studies footer or logo.
· If you have any other questions about acceptable use of Smarty Pants Studies products, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in Smarty Pants Studies! Follow along on Teachers Pay Teachers and @smartypantsstudies on Instagram to stay in the loop on new product launches!